SEAGOVILLE – The Seagoville City Council will have a Regular Meeting at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 13, inside the City Council Chambers at City Hall located at 702 N. Highway 175. A work session will begin at 6:30 p.m. followed by the regular meeting.
The City Council consists of Mayor Dennis K. Childress and Council Members Rick Howard, JoJo Hernandez, Harold Magill, Mike Friun, and Jon Epps.
Citizens Public Comment Period:
This portion of the meeting is to allow each speaker up to six (6) minutes to address the council on items not posted on the current agenda. Council may not discuss these items but may respond with factual data or policy information, or place the item on a future agenda. Citizens wishing to speak on posted agenda items will be called upon at that time. Anyone wishing to speak shall submit a Speaker Request Form to the City Secretary.
Items on Tonight’s City Council Agenda include:
• Consider approving an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Seagoville, Texas, adopting the budget for fiscal year beginning October 1, 2021 and ending September 30, 2022; providing that expenditures for said fiscal year shall be made in accordance with said budget; appropriating and setting aside the necessary funds out of the general and other revenues for said fiscal year for the maintenance and operation of the various departments and for various activities and improvements of the city; providing a repealing clause; providing a severability clause; and providing an effective date.
• Conduct a public hearing to receive citizen input on the proposed tax rate of $0.78880 per $100 valuation, which exceeds the no new revenue tax rate calculated by the Dallas County Tax Assessor/Collector of $0.734674 or 7.37%. This rate will raise more revenue from property taxes than last year’s budget by an amount of $887,866.
• Consider approving an ordinance of the City Council of the City of Seagoville, Texas, adopting and levying ad valorem taxes for the year 2021 (fiscal year 2021 – 2022) at a rate of $0.788800 per one hundred dollars ($100) assessed valuation on all taxable property within the corporate limits of the City of Seagoville as of January 1, 2021, to provide revenue for the payment of current expenses; providing for an interest and sinking fund for all outstanding debt of the City of Seagoville; providing for due and delinquent dates together with penalties and interest; providing a severability clause; providing a repealing clause; and providing an effective date.
• Consider approving a Resolution of the City Council of the City of Seagoville, Texas ratifying the property tax increase reflected in the City’s adopted fiscal year 2021-2022 budget, which is a budget that will require raising more revenue from property taxes than in the previous year.
• Consider approving a Resolution of the City of Seagoville, Texas, nominating a candidate to be a member of the Board of Directors of the Dallas Central Appraisal District.
• Discussion concerning landscape ordinance for businesses.
• Consider approving a Resolution of the City of Seagoville, Texas, authorizing the Mayor to execute Amendment No. 4 to the Household Hazardous Waste Interlocal Agreement Amendment between the City of Seagoville and Dallas County, said Amendment to be effective from October 1, 2021 until September 30, 2022.
• Consider approving a Resolution of the City of Seagoville, Texas, approving the terms and conditions of an Interlocal Agreement between the City of Seagoville and Dallas County Health and Human Services for Food Establishment Inspections and Environmental Health Services for fiscal year 2021-2022 and authorizing the City Manager to execute said agreement.
• Discussion concerning the High Grass/Weeds or Weeds/Grass/Brush Ordinance.
Source: City of Seagoville