CRANDALL – The Crandall City Council will have a Regular Meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 7, at 7:00 p.m. inside the Court Chambers at the Police & Municipal Court Building located at 104 East Trunk Street.
The City Council consists of Mayor David Lindsey and Council Members Tim Atkins, Katy Vaughan, Shannon Barnes, Adam Holden, and Caleb Allen.
Citizens Comments: Three (3) minutes allowed per speaker on any item related to the City including items listed on the agenda. Five (5) minutes will be allowed during a Public Hearing. Comments will be allowed before the consideration of each item on the agenda provided that a speaker request form has been received by the City Secretary prior to the start of the meeting.
Items on Monday’s City Council Agenda include:
• Consider Resolution No. 090721R, a Resolution of the City Council of the City of Crandall, Texas, approving a negotiated settlement between the Atmos Cities Steering Committee (“ACSC”) and Atmos Energy Corp., Mid-Tex Division regarding the company’s 2021 rate review mechanism filings; declaring existing rates to be unreasonable; adopting tariffs that reflect rate adjustments consistent with the negotiated settlement; finding the rates to be set by the attached settlement tariffs to be just and reasonable and in the public interest; approving an attached exhibit establishing a benchmark for pensions and retiree medical benefits; approving an attached exhibit regarding amortization of regulatory liability; requiring the company to reimburse ACSC’s reasonable ratemaking expenses; determining that this resolution was passed in accordance with the requirements of the Texas Open Meetings Act; adopting a savings clause; declaring an effective date; and requiring delivery of this Resolution to the company and the ACSC’s legal counsel.
• Consider Ordinance No. 090721A, an Ordinance of the City of Crandall, Texas, approving a budget for the City for the fiscal year beginning October 1, 2021 and ending September 30, 2022.
• Consider Ordinance No. 090721B an Ordinance of the City of Crandall, Texas, approving a budget for the Crandall Economic Development Corporation for the fiscal year beginning October 1, 2021 and ending September 30, 2022.
• Consider Ordinance No. 091619C, an Ordinance of the City of Crandall, Texas fixing and levying Municipal Ad Valorem Taxes for the fiscal year beginning on October 1, 2021, and ending on September 30, 2022, and for each fiscal year thereafter until otherwise provided, at a rate of $.76 per One hundred Dollars ($100.00) assessed valuation on all taxable property within the corporate limits of the City as of January 1, 2021; directing the assessment thereof to provide revenues for the payment of current expenses and to provide an interest and sinking fund on all outstanding debts of the City; providing for due dates and delinquent dates, together with penalties and interest; providing for a location for the payment of taxes; providing for penalty for collection cost of delinquent taxes; accepting and adopting the 2019 tax roll; repealing conflicting ordinances providing a savings clause; proving a severability clause; and providing an effective date.
• Consider updating signature cards for all bank accounts to delete Danny Kirbie and include David Lindsey, Mayor and Tim Atkins, Mayor Pro Tem as signers.
• Consider changing the descriptive title checking account #xxxxx6747 from TCDP Grant Project to ARA Grant to deposit American Relief Grant Money.
• Consider appointment of Danny Kirbie to the Crandall Economic Development Board.
• Consider the appointment of a committee to review the Ordinance’s that pertain to Public Nuisances and Code Enforcement.
• Consider a compensation adjustment for the City Manager.
Source: City of Crandall