DALLAS – To ensure a safe athletics season, the following safety guidelines will be enforced at District athletic facilities and events. Guests will not be allowed entrance into games, gymnasiums, or stadiums wearing specific clothing, including:
• Sleeveless t-shirts (males)
• Garments displaying explicit writings or drawings
• Sexually revealing garments (females)
• Do-rags, solid red or blue headscarves, or beads
At the discretion of District staff, clothing that appears to be gang apparel will not be allowed into games or events on District property, including parking lots.
• If a verbal or physical altercation disrupts a District-sanctioned event, appropriate enforcement actions may be taken, up to and including arrests.
• All contraband, including alcohol, tobacco products, and weapons of any kind are prohibited on District property and parking lots.
• Anyone driving a motor vehicle on District property must have a valid driver’s license and current motor vehicle insurance with them.
• Spectators who will be waiting for transportation from the stadium or event should arrange for transportation at least 30 minutes before the conclusion of the event.
• Students must make sure their transportation has arrived before the game or event ends. Juvenile Curfew Ordinances remain in effect.
• Only those individuals picking up spectators at the end of a game or event will be allowed into the stadium and/or school parking lot.
• After a parking lot has been cleared of all vehicles, spectators who remain on the premises will be directed to wait outside the parking lot area and/or stadium for their transportation.
• Anyone found violating any of the above rules may be escorted and asked to leave the premises.
• Any student found violating any of the above rules is subject to the appropriate disciplinary measures issued by their school administration.
• In the event of an emergency, follow directions given by emergency responders, District staff, and the public broadcast system.
• If something raises your concern for any reason, let us know so we can investigate the situation right away. We encourage that if you See Something, Say Something, and Do Something.
Source: Dallas ISD