CRANDALL – Former Crandall High School track standout Kylie Purifoy (Class of 2017) is now competing in the Southeastern Conference (SEC) for the Texas A&M Aggies. A junior who is majoring in Nutrition, she also made the 2019 Fall SEC Academic Honor Roll and the 2019 Spring SEC Academic Honor Roll
The Combine native placed seventh in the State 4A meet at 1,600 meters in her senior season after capturing district, area and region titles. She was also a State 4A silver medalist in cross country after claiming titles in district and Region II-4A meets.
During her freshman campaign at College Station, Purifoy competed in 1,500 meters in three different meets. Her best effort was a 4:42.56 to place 11th in the Michael Johnson Invitational, and she produced a best of 5:11.18 in the mile to finish fourth in the Aggie Twilight.
Purifoy’s sophomore highlights included:
• Placed 13th in 1,500 meters (4:53.18) at UTSA Roadrunner Invitational
• Finished 12th at Texas A&M Invitational (4:56.14)
• Produced season best of 4:50.46 for 16th place at Michael Johnson Invitational
• Finished 13th at A&M Alumni Muster with a 4:54.46 in 1,500 meters
• Opened Indoors season with a 5:12.97 mile to place eighth at Reveille Invitational
• Ran 5:16.71 mile at Ted Nelson Invitational and 5:16.08 mile for fifth place at Texas A&M Triangular
• Finished 15th at Charlie Thomas Invitational with a 5:14.25 mile
• Placed seventh with a 5:16.98 mile at Aggie Twilight
The NCAA canceled the 2020 Indoor Championships and all winter and spring NCAA Championships due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Photo: Russell James/Texas A&M
CHS Alumni Spotlight is a weekly feature at SeagovilleNews.com that spotlights Crandall High School alumni and their achievements.